You don’t need to dissimulate: with the entrance of the new year, we ALL have thought that we should change some habits to lead a healthier life, physically and spiritually. At these times, planning to do things a little better is the most normal thing in the world. But, unfortunately, it is also very common for all these goals to end up in NOTHING.
However, at Crowne Plaza Barcelona we have detected that if we fail achieving our goals is because in general we are too ambitious. Maybe we have to assume that we will never go 4 days a week to the gym, that we do not like tofu and that we weren’t born to read Proust. Perhaps we have to set more realistic goals.
Thinking about all of this, we have come up with a list of small daily gestures which we have called “Healthy 24 hours”. Because if you look, there is time to do everything since the time you get up until you go to sleep!
- Have a glass of water with lemon just getting up.
- Say good morning to your neighbor.
- By mid-morning, eat a few pieces of fruit. Those that you like the most! We aren’t in this world to suffer.
- Keep your workplace somewhat tidier, which is proven to perform better.
- Ask a colleague to warn you each time you find yourself in front of the computer and the curvature of your back is defying the laws of physics.
- Call that friend you haven’t seen for a while.
- Run for 30 minutes, no more, as at this point you will not become an elite athlete.
- Tell your brother something nice, it doesn’t cost so much.
- Visit the White Wellness Spa and give yourself a relaxing time just for you.
- Actually, if you stop and think about it, on winter nights a vegetable dish feels great. Or not?
- Go to bed earlier and read for a while (first ask your partner to turn off the light after 15 minutes because reading, as a sleeping pill, is infallible).
Maybe you can’t do everything we propose, but do something! The best way to lead a healthy life is to be happy with yourself and it is very difficult if you let yourself be overcome by laziness.