If this upcoming Christmas you’d love to save some money and avoid the hassle of late Christmas shopping, you should mark on your calendar the 24th of November. And if you’re asking yourself why…it’s because Black Friday will be here!
This day began to be celebrated in the USA during the 1960’s, exactly the day before of Thanksgiving and a bit earlier than Christmas. Slowly it began to expand worldwide until nowadays it has become one of the most comercial days of the year with the best discount offers.
That is precisely why it is a day designed to catch the best offers and plan ahead your Christmas shopping, not only get what you’re looking for, but also get the best deal!
Therefore, how can we make the best of this day and benefit from those deals before the Christmas celebrations? Here are some of our tips that will definitely help you out:
- Make a list and write down what you’re looking for: a few days before (or months), make a list with all those gadgets you want to buy and pin down those stores or websites that have them. Also, have a look at their prices and write that down…it wouldn’t be the first time that the previous days to Black Friday some stores take advantage and increase their prices so that when the day comes, they are selling at the original Price with what users believe is a “discount”.
- Shop online: take your time previously to search online for what you’re looking and add it to your shopping cart so that the purchase can be made quicker. To ensure that you can do this, sign up on each online shop so it’ll be easier for you. And don’t forget about adding any discount codes!
- Be careful with your credit card: even online shopping one may find that there are thieves online who create fake online stores to get your card information and steal. Also, bear in mind your connection and try to avoid using public Wi-Fi, as there is more chance that phising can occur.
- Compare between brands: we are pretty sure that by doing a previous comparison you’ll already see different prices between brands.
- Dress comfortably and wake up early: even though many of Black Friday’s deals are online, there are also many shops in the streets that join on this day. If you prefer to shop in person, make sure you wear some comfortable shoes and head to the stores during the time when less people go (working hours, lunch time…).
- Pay attention to the return policies: it could happen that with the excitement of shopping you may not look previously at the shopping and return policies of that product. Take a close look! Sometimes with good deals you don’t have the chance to give it back or simply change it for another product… therefore think carefully before buying if it’s worth it or not.
With all this information and your intuition we’re pretty sure that this Christmas you’ll manage to make all your loved ones happy with some cool presents at the best price!